Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Different words

Supper instead of dinner. Toot over fart or gas. Motorbike instead of motorcycle. Stinky instead of poop.

These are the words my mil chooses and it drives me nuts!  Where I grew up a fart was a fart. Our last meal of the day was dinner. And toddlers didn't stinky, they pooped.  When I see a Harley or equivalent on the road I call it a motorcycle. She calls it a motorbike.

I'd call it an age thing, but my husband and his siblings do the same thing. Though my husband isn't quite as bad. Is it a location thing?  I pretty much grew up in Florida. From age 7-16. They grew up in Michigan. Hmmm.....  Nope my whole family grew up in Michigan and doesn't speak like that.

What about everyone else?  Anyone reading?  If so, what words do you use? 

No comments:

Post a Comment