Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Scared that school has started up

First day of scholl today.  I used to be excited when school started up again.  Now, every day that my son is in school I worry.  Worry that some nutjob with a gun will go there and shoot up the place.  I walk into the school and see all the flaws.  There is NO security.  Anyone can walk right in unnoticed.  Last school year I  waited 10 minutes in the office before someone actually showed up to talk to me.  The teacher actually walked out of the class and left the kids alone less than a week after the Newtown massacre!  The classroom doors don't even have locks on them!  I look around and think:  if I were a crazy person with a gun would I go left or right?  Which door would I go in?  I think about my son: what would he do?  There's no place in his classroom to even try hiding!  I fear every day for his life!  It shouldn't be like that.  School should be a safe place to go to.  Kids shouldn't have to worry about getting shot at school.  I wonder how many school shootings there will be this school year?  If I could move to another country I would.  Working hard to get out of debt so we have more options.  Thinking about Canada, Australia, Sweden, or England.....

No comments:

Post a Comment